The 5 things 40 Million viewers want to know about Howie Mandel being hypnotized and shaking hands
Posted by Christian Wasinger at May 27th, 2015
40 Million viewers witnessed Howie Mandel, who has been diagnosed with OCD and fear of germs and shaking hands, being hypnotized and shaking hands with the hypnotist and his fellow judges on “America’s Got Talent.”
These are the top 5 questions people want answers to.
1. Was it for real and how did the hypnotist do that?
It appears that it all was real, and the stage hypnotist was knowledgeable in stage hypnosis. When in hypnosis our defenses are down, and it is much like when we had a few drinks too many that we care less. Furthermore the hypnotist was very smart in suggesting to Howie’s subconscious that everyone is wearing gloves, which lowered Howie’s resistance to shaking hands even more.
2. What is hypnosis?
Hypnosis is mostly relaxed state of mind where the mind is open to suggestions. Suggestions bypass the critical part of the conscious mind and enter into to the subconscious mind which accepts it and acts upon it. It is much like watching a movie and crying. Though you know the movie isn’t real, you still find yourself crying.
3. Is Howie now cured?
No. Even though he did shake hands every time he did so he was in a state of hypnosis. Though the hypnotist said “wide awake” which only meant that his eyes were open, but like in a stage hypnosis show he was in “eyes open hypnosis” or “waking hypnosis.” Out of the hypnotic state nothing has changed for Howie.
4. Could hypnosis help Howie though?
Absolutely. However it has to been in a safe setting with a professional hypnotherapist. I have worked with severe fears and phobias hundreds of times. Education and establishing trust and rapport are the first steps. Neither of those were present on America’s Got Talent. It was great for the show and surely will get the hypnotist many bookings. This would have been a perfect moment to educate the mainstream audience on the power and benefits of hypnosis when used to help those who suffer from OCD, phobias, fears and anxieties.
5. What can hypnosis be used for?
There are many concerns and issues hypnosis can succesfully address, such as:
- quitting smoking & chewing tobacco
- weight loss
- phobias, anxieties and PTSD
- fears around, public speaking, flying, elevators, driving on freeways, spiders, snakes, etc.
- self confidence
- stress management
- insomnia and sleeping problems
- social anxieties and creating instant rapport
- improving communication skills and relationships
- test anxieties, improving study habits, retaining information
- pain management
- using hypnosis for child birth instead of an epidural
- if you wonder whether hypnosis can help you contact us
I hope that Howie Mandel does receive proper education about hypnosis and what it is, because I truly believe that it can help him.